If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (615) 790-9634

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Danielle Says that SERVPRO Saved Her Fire-Damaged Home in Thompson Station with Fast Service--"Like it never even happened,"

10/17/2019 (Permalink)

Danielle Learned the Hard Way after Fire Damaged Her Thompson's Station Home--Be Careful with Candles!

Let the Experts Handle the Damage After a Thompson Station Fire Disaster

It is essential to plan to protect your home from a potential fire at all times. Throughout the fall and winter, Thompson Station homes are susceptible to fire disasters due to holiday decorations, candles, failed chimneys, and more.

SERVPRO wants you to know its best to put out decorations following all instructions provided. Any outdoor décor should only be used outside to help you protect your home in Thompson Station from fire damage. Only using decorations designated for indoor use on the interior of your home helps to eliminate potential hazards. Always follow the manufacturer's directions.

Electric Decor
If you use indoor decorations that require electricity and they get damp or wet, it can lead to a fire and injury to people and pets living in your home. Because electricity powers many decorations within the house, it is vital to be proactive. Always inspect your decorations before each use. When storing your mechanical decorations, put them in plastic totes or bags to keep dust from building up inside the motor housing.

Candle Décor
During the fall and winter, many people use candles as part of their regular décor. Know that all candles pose a potential fire hazard, so SERVPRO recommends that candles never be left unattended. Additionally, all candles must be kept clear of pets and children as well as flammable materials. Always place candles in holders that prevent dripping of hot wax from spilling over.

What to do?
If your home is stricken with fire damage, SERVPRO can come to the rescue to remedy the situation. There can be excessive soot and odors left behind within the home. We can send trained technicians out to your property to assess your needs and put a plan of action in place for fire and smoke restoration. Our trained team employs professional-grade cleaning agents that breakdown smoke residue and have multi-surface scrubbing agents to eliminate residual odors.

Even the slightest bit of fire damage calls for immediate response. If something goes wrong and you are left dealing with smoke and soot from a fire, call SERVPRO of Williamson County as soon as possible at (605) 790-9634. We can send friendly, highly-trained technicians to get started.

Other News

View Recent Posts