Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Does Your Brentwood Home Have A Mold Problem?
?In Brentwood, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 615-790-9634
How To Deal With Mold Damaged Contents
Mold growth on crawlspace in a Brentwood, TN home
How To Deal With Mold Damaged Contents
You should take steps to address mold damage as soon as it occurs to improve the chances of being able to restore and retain more contents. Experts recommend disposing of most porous items exposed to and extensively damaged by mold. Some items with sentimental value may stand up to mold cleaning as part of the larger mold remediation process.
- Resolve the Underlying Issue: Until you put a stop to the source of primary water damage or excess moisture, mold may continue to grow in your residence and heighten the risk of undermining the structure and contaminating more contents. This issue typically involves sources of moisture within your home. Contact a plumber, roofer, or another type of specialist to fix leaks and use a dehumidifier to control air moisture levels.
- Consider the Condition of Contents: Some delicate porous and semi-porous contents directly exposed to mold growth may not be capable of being restored. Other materials, such as canvases or other painting mediums and cloth, can be restored with specialized mold cleaning methods. Remediation experts can help you determine which method is suitable for the composition of each affected item.
- Seek Expert Remediation Methods: Certified experts trained at performing remediation should be able to recommend the best cleaning methods for any item or material. Non-porous materials may be thoroughly cleaned and dried. Materials that are more porous may require special cleaning tactics such as the Esporta wash system, freeze-drying, being dipped in solvent, or being exposed to ozone.
Mold remediation experts can recommend the best ways to approach mold cleaning the contents of your home in Brentwood, TN. It is a good idea to address this problem as soon as possible to limit the extent of damage caused by mold and increase the chance that more delicate or rare possessions can be restored instead of needing to be replaced.
Addressing Black Mold in Your Commercial Building
Coming across black mold in your Brentwood, TN, commercial building is never a fun experience. The best way to confront the unwelcome fungus, however, is to understand its growth habits. You may have been led to believe that mold will only grow in specific spots, but the truth is, this type of fungus thrives in even the most unpredictable places. What, then, do you need to know about this type of mold and how to remove it from your building?
Understanding Mold Growth.
Its also referred to as toxic mold, and there are a few important facts that you should be aware of when faced with this highly regenerative fungus:
• Mold can grow and colonize anywhere.
• Mold usually carries an odor.
• Prolonged and excessive moisture encourages mold spore reproduction.
• Forty-eight hours is all it takes for mold growth to begin when water is present.
• The microscopic spores can enter your building in a variety of ways.
Identifying Moisture Problems.
Arguably the biggest issue surrounding the presence of black mold is the moisture problem. When exposed to water, mold spores flourish and rapidly reproduce. What kind of moisture should you be on the lookout for?
Common water-related issues can come from broken pipes, flooding, high humidity, and a broken supply line. Exposure to water stemming from any of these problems will allow the mold to thrive and grow unless the moisture is addressed and the fungus is properly cleaned up.
Cleaning Up Toxic Mold.
You will want to clear out the fungus growth as soon as possible. The best way to tackle your mold cleanup project is to let the experts handle it by contacting cleanup and restoration specialists who are familiar with this type of problem. Calling on the experts can give you peace of mind that your toxic mold problem is being dealt with in the most thorough way possible.
Black mold can be a headache, but knowing your enemy is half the battle. By understanding how the fungus grows, potential moisture causes and the pros of hiring specialists to take care of the cleanup, you can rest assured that your mold problem will be no more.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.SERVPROwilliamsoncounty.com/.
What Can Environmental Hygienists Do for Me?
At first glance, the idea of mold cleaning is a simple one. All you need is some baking soda, vinegar, bleach, and sunlight to get rid of the problem – right? Wrong. Often inexperienced DIYers can make the problem of mold infestation worse when scrubbing, and attempts to clean it just release spores into the air or reposition mold patches to latch on elsewhere and continue to grow. For safety’s sake, it’s better to trust your local Brentwood, TN, environmental hygienist.
What Is an Environmental Hygienist?
An environmental hygienist is someone who specializes in air purification and quality, which includes specializing in mold identification and mold remediation. Mold spores and free-floating mold particles can significantly affect the air quality in your home. If you already have mold damage, an environmental hygienist can help you with the following:
• Identifying the type of mold you’re dealing with
• Pinpointing every area of mold infestation n your home
• Containing the mold outbreak to keep it from spreading further
• Developing a plan for safely remediating and removing mold from your home
• Taking precautions to prevent future outbreaks
Environmental hygienists also possess highly sensitive equipment capable of detecting mold you might not even have noticed, particularly if you have mold in your walls or in other hidden areas not visible on a basic visual inspection. Lastly, environmental hygienists have training in the safety protocols necessary to handle all types of mold without furthering its spread.
How Can I Find a Qualified Environmental Hygienist?
Many mold cleaning, remediation, and restoration companies keep qualified environmental hygienists on staff. When researching mold cleaning companies in your area, you can ask if their environmental hygienists are appropriately certified and experienced in dealing with home mold remediation. Most companies will be happy to provide you with information not just on their specialists’ accreditation, but on their own certification as qualified remediation personnel.
For more information, please visit us athttp://www.SERVPROwilliamsoncounty.com/.
How Can You Beat the Odor?
Mold damaged home in Brentwood, TN.
Once your Brentwood, TN, home has been afflicted by the smell of mold, you may be trying desperately to figure out how to get rid of it. Here are the two best ways to beat the odor:
- HEPA air filtration
- Thorough cleaning
- Mold spore removal
HEPA air filtration will save your home from the mold spores itself by cleaning the air. In order to get rid of that musty smell for good; however, you need to get rid of the source. Mold remediation to get rid of all mold and its spores will help eliminate all odors. Taking care of mold should be top priority when you have it. Normally, for the safety of your home, using a specialist is the best option.
When it comes to the telltale smell of mold, it comes from the mycotoxin that is released into the air. Most people will know that they have mold in their house before they see it. This is due to the musty scent that comes from the mold or mildew.
The Truth Behind Mold’s Odor
Mold in Brentwood, TN home.
What Does Mold’s Odor Come From?
Anyone who has a mold problem knows that it’s not only unsightly, but tends to come with an odor. No one wants to have to deal with mycotoxin mold growth. While most know that it’s not good for their home, they may not know all of the facts behind it. If you’re curious about what’s behind the odor of mold, here is where it comes from and what you can do about it.
You can identify mold by its musty odor. Generally, if mold is hidden, this is going to be how you first identify that there is a problem. As the problem worsens, the smell can also. Unfortunately, this odor can seep into everything if not taken care of. It smells so bad because of a compound called mycotoxin. Mycotoxin has a repugnant smell.
Reach out to SERVPRO of Williamson County for more information about mold.
Williamson County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Williamson County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Williamson County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 615-790-9634
Understanding the Dangers of Mold in Williamson County
Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Williamson County help if you think you may have a mold problem.
From the ordinary....
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment, and they produce some very useful results. For example, yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads and other food products. Blue cheese's unique flavor is attributed to mold, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold.
.....to the Unhealthy
Even though some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold and extended exposure may present health concerns for some people.
Any water intrusion into your Williamson County office or your home can result in mold growth. This intrusion of water can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks, and poor humidity control. When these issues are not addressed, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth.
Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments, but if the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply to a harmful level.
Organic materials founds inside a building, such are wood, paper, drywall and insulation, provide food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that may pose a health threat.
If you think you or your customer might have a mold problem, please call us at 615-790-9634 and let the professionals at SERVPRO of Williamson County help.
Managing Mold in Brentwood Tennessee
Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Williamson County with any mold problems.
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home of business when there is a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Williamson County professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a "typical" mold removal process:
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Please give our office a call at 615-790-9634 is you suspect you have a mold problem, we are always here to help.