Does Your Brentwood Home Have A Mold Problem?
?In Brentwood, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 615-790-9634
How To Deal With Mold Damaged Contents
Mold growth on crawlspace in a Brentwood, TN home
How To Deal With Mold Damaged Contents
You should take steps to address mold damage as soon as it occurs to improve the chances of being able to restore and retain more contents. Experts recommend disposing of most porous items exposed to and extensively damaged by mold. Some items with sentimental value may stand up to mold cleaning as part of the larger mold remediation process.
- Resolve the Underlying Issue: Until you put a stop to the source of primary water damage or excess moisture, mold may continue to grow in your residence and heighten the risk of undermining the structure and contaminating more contents. This issue typically involves sources of moisture within your home. Contact a plumber, roofer, or another type of specialist to fix leaks and use a dehumidifier to control air moisture levels.
- Consider the Condition of Contents: Some delicate porous and semi-porous contents directly exposed to mold growth may not be capable of being restored. Other materials, such as canvases or other painting mediums and cloth, can be restored with specialized mold cleaning methods. Remediation experts can help you determine which method is suitable for the composition of each affected item.
- Seek Expert Remediation Methods: Certified experts trained at performing remediation should be able to recommend the best cleaning methods for any item or material. Non-porous materials may be thoroughly cleaned and dried. Materials that are more porous may require special cleaning tactics such as the Esporta wash system, freeze-drying, being dipped in solvent, or being exposed to ozone.
Mold remediation experts can recommend the best ways to approach mold cleaning the contents of your home in Brentwood, TN. It is a good idea to address this problem as soon as possible to limit the extent of damage caused by mold and increase the chance that more delicate or rare possessions can be restored instead of needing to be replaced.
Addressing Black Mold in Your Commercial Building
Coming across black mold in your Brentwood, TN, commercial building is never a fun experience. The best way to confront the unwelcome fungus, however, is to understand its growth habits. You may have been led to believe that mold will only grow in specific spots, but the truth is, this type of fungus thrives in even the most unpredictable places. What, then, do you need to know about this type of mold and how to remove it from your building?
Understanding Mold Growth.
Its also referred to as toxic mold, and there are a few important facts that you should be aware of when faced with this highly regenerative fungus:
• Mold can grow and colonize anywhere.
• Mold usually carries an odor.
• Prolonged and excessive moisture encourages mold spore reproduction.
• Forty-eight hours is all it takes for mold growth to begin when water is present.
• The microscopic spores can enter your building in a variety of ways.
Identifying Moisture Problems.
Arguably the biggest issue surrounding the presence of black mold is the moisture problem. When exposed to water, mold spores flourish and rapidly reproduce. What kind of moisture should you be on the lookout for?
Common water-related issues can come from broken pipes, flooding, high humidity, and a broken supply line. Exposure to water stemming from any of these problems will allow the mold to thrive and grow unless the moisture is addressed and the fungus is properly cleaned up.
Cleaning Up Toxic Mold.
You will want to clear out the fungus growth as soon as possible. The best way to tackle your mold cleanup project is to let the experts handle it by contacting cleanup and restoration specialists who are familiar with this type of problem. Calling on the experts can give you peace of mind that your toxic mold problem is being dealt with in the most thorough way possible.
Black mold can be a headache, but knowing your enemy is half the battle. By understanding how the fungus grows, potential moisture causes and the pros of hiring specialists to take care of the cleanup, you can rest assured that your mold problem will be no more.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.SERVPROwilliamsoncounty.com/.