Do I Need Storm Shutters?
Worried about high winds coming your way? You may want to consider adding storm shutters to your home. These additions can help protect your windows if inclement weather hits. Here’s some information on how they can help you safeguard your Nolensville, TN, home.
Shutters shield your windows from winds and other storm damage. You cannot rely on them during Category 5 hurricanes and other extreme weather events, but most high wind situations you encounter will only call for this type of storm defense, which works extremely well most of the time.
Types of Equipment
All storm-related high winds are not alike, which is why there are a wide variety of storm shutters available to purchase. Some common types you will find include the following:
- Bahama - Highly attractive, excellent in hot regions and costs $200-$2000 per piece
- Plywood - Costs under $1 per square foot and is great in emergencies
- Rolling - Made of durable materials with a price tag of approximately $20 per square foot
- Colonial - Great-looking, permanent choice for the discerning homeowner and priced around $200-$500 for one window
- Accordion - Another permanent option that is quite affordable, starting at $15 per square foot
- Storm Panel - Temporary for sudden winds and made of sturdy materials, with options starting at around $7 per piece
Damage Assistance Is Available
If you are ever facing the challenges of high winds, Nolensville, TN, storm damage remediation specialists can usually help you handle cleanup and restoration. Even so, choosing from one of the many equipment options above should help you better protect your home if a storm should come your way. Whether you are looking for something simple or ornate, affordable or higher end, there is an option for you and your home’s unique needs in order to protect your valuable windows from the damage that winds can bring.